The IMST 24 GHz FMCW SENTIRETM Radar Development Kit DK-sR-14MPc consists of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) called SenTool and the Radar Module sR-14MPc. SenTool makes it easy to configure the sensor and to measure, visualize and analyze the data of the radar in several different plots. Also the provided high level algorithms Human Tracker and Range Finder can be adjusted and run. The measured data can easily be saved and also be replayed afterwards. The Radar is designed for distance, angle and velocity measurements of targets on the ground or in the air.
sR-14MPc and integrated antenna
The waterproofed housing (IP65) includes one transmit and four receive antennas. A/D conversion, signal processing, ramp generation and parameter setting are done by an integrated TI Digital Signal Controller. Azimuth and elevation angle are determined by a “phase-comparison monopulse” technique, whereby the direction to a target is estimated from the time-of-arrival phase difference of the two antenna pairs Rx1/Rx2 and Rx3/Rx4. Thus, the received radar signals can be used for target detection and tracking in 3D space. The radar module features a CAN-bus interface plus 4 digital signal lines. Other interfaces can be supported on request.
Down-Load Technical Data:
CE Approval incl. RED (2014/53/EC): Declaration of Conformity for sR-14MPc:
SenTool offers a wide range of functions:
- Configuration of the Radar and the interface.
- Radar Selection out of several connected Radars.
- High level measurement modes as Human Tracking and Range Finding.
- Measurement Monitoring in different presentation forms: Time Domain, Frequency Domain, PhaseDomain, Polar Plot, History Plot, Range Plot.
- Storing and Restoring of measurement data in binary or ASCII format.
- Offline Viewing of measurement data without connection to the Radar.
- Animated or Static display of recorded data.
- Magnifying View.
- Firmware upware via Ethernet interface.
- Implementation of User-Defined-Functions.
PC-Software “SenTool”: Parameter Settings and Data Plots
How to connect and operate the radar via Ethernet (Power-over-Ethernet) with a PC: